Entries Now Closed
10 TIPS TO TRANSFORM YOUR COMPETITION TURNOUT
Liz Hayman, Owner and Designer for equestrian fashion label, Equetech shares her top tips for cutting a dash in the competition arena this spring…
1. Choose underwear, which prevents VPL and gives you a slick finish under your competition outfit and choose a good supportive bra.
2. Look out for technical fabrics in shirting for breathability and wicking properties.
3. Freedom of movement is key, so choose jackets, which feel comfortable and fit!
4. Squeezing yourself into a jacket you have grown out of will not only look ugly, but will make you feel uncomfortable and an unwelcome distraction in the ring.
5. If you are pear shaped try and avoid shorter jackets. For bigger busted or inverted triangle shapes, find a jacket that gives you a waistline to balance out your shape, to avoid making you look square.
6. For apples shapes, choose smaller over-checks or plainer tweed to give you a slimmer outline.
7. There are many nationwide alteration companies that easily give you a tailored ‘made to measure’ look on a budget.
8. For in-hand showing, a smart lapelled tweed waistcoat can really finish your look, but choose one with some shape.
9. Try and compliment your show outfit with your horse’s colouring. A Brown jacket with Burgundy plaid, for example can compliment a Chestnut or Bright Bay beautifully
10. Even your choice of style and colour tie can be the used as the link to bringing the whole look together; For example, a tweed jacket with a very subtle pale plaid can be ‘brought out’ by teaming it with a complementary tie and Check waistcoat – stunning on a Dun or Palomino!
WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN
Equetech are kindly giving away an Alexa Competition Shirt to one lucky reader. To be in with a chance of simply fill in your details on the entry form below.
Entries Close 30th April 2019
Entries Now Closed